Free damage consultation and policy review!

148 Glen Avenue South, Lakewood, NJ 08701, US

(732) 905-9594




An expert Licensed and Bonded Public Adjuster will inspect your damage, determine your coverage and advise you whether it is in your best interest to move forward with the claim or not. This inspection is done for free and there is absolutely no risk involved when availing yourself of this free service. 

When you retain our services as your insurance advocate, we write up a professional estimate, meet with the insurance company and negotiate the highest possible settlement on your behalf.

Our public adjusters also assist in getting your additional living expenses paid.  We help you in the process of finding an alternate place to stay while your premises is repaired.  

Additionally we assist in the water damage, fire, smoke or mold remediation process.  We advise you and recommend the most reputable and highly trained local remediation service to get your home or business back up and running as quickly and efficiently as possible!

In the case of a business loss we have inventory experts and professional accountants to make sure  your income loss is evaluated properly.


Public Adjuster - FAQ - Insurance Advocate


Frequently Asked Questions


Q: What is a Public Adjuster?  

A: A Public Insurance Adjuster is an expert on loss adjustment and the recovery process, and is employed by the policyholder not the insurance company. He is your only advocate in this confusing process. The Public Adjuster assists you, the insured, with his intimate knowledge of insurance policies and negotiation techniques, in preparing, filing and managing the payment of insurance claims regarding property loss. He works on your behalf and is licensed by the State to do so.  

Q: If I work directly with the insurance company’s adjuster, won’t I get the same results?  

A: Most likely, no.  

Insurance companies hire and train their adjusters to MINIMIZE your loss. Their adjusters work for the insurance company NOT for the homeowner. How likely is it that a person will get the maximum settlement by using the same adjuster working for the insurance company? Major conflict of interest. Do not be misled.  

The insurance company will try to minimize your loss utilizing several misleading tactics. They can try to convince you to repair the damage rather than replace it. They can “overlook” some damage knowing that the burden of proof is on the insured not themselves. They can estimate the repair cost at a much lower rate than it will actually cost. It is simply too easy to underestimate the true cost of the repair by yourself. They can agree to replace only the damaged portion although it won’t quite match the rest of the house. You are entitled to repair or replace the damage to a pre-damaged condition – you don’t pay those premiums for a patch up job. They can deny coverage because of an inadvertent slip of the tongue. Most people won’t argue with their insurance company. Most people don’t even know that they are being misled. That is why you need a public adjuster. An extra pair of eyes to assist you.   

Q: Why do I need help with the claim?  

A: There are several reasons why you may want to consider obtaining help with your claim:  

1)Filing a claim requires a written, itemized statement of your losses. You may not realize what the extent of your damage is, and the insurance company is not obligated to tell you. The burden of proof is on YOUR shoulders. The Public Adjuster will help you identify everything to which you’re entitled.  

2)Filing a claim is a tedious, time-consuming and aggravating process. The Public Adjuster can take this burden off your shoulders and free you to get your business or home affairs back on track. During this emotionally charged time, you just don’t have the presence of mind to spend hours and hours over inventory itemization and to argue with your insurance company whether something should “just be repaired” rather than replaced. Time is money. The small contingency fee is well worth having a professional advocate represent you.  

3)You are at the mercy of the insurance company. Keep in mind, as someone untrained in handling insurance claims, you will be dealing with insurance “professionals” who will not hesitate to use any slip of the tongue against you. They may low-ball you and you won’t even know it – until it’s too late. The expert Public Adjuster knows exactly what it costs to repair the damage. He will find damage that the untrained eye will otherwise not see. He takes the entire picture into account and fights for you - down to the last penny. He is well versed with what the insurance company wants to hear and what they don’t want to hear and he knows how to present your claim for maximum success.   

Think about it, if you are being sued in court, would you hire the prosecuting attorney to represent you as well? Probably not. Then why would you hire the insurance company’s adjuster to represent you?  

Q: I have already received a payment for my claim from the insurance company and I think it’s too low. Is it too late to reopen my file?  

A: No. A Public Adjuster can re-open your file and start renegotiating with your insurance company toward a higher settlement. However, once you have been paid it does become a lot more difficult. This is why it is wise to hire a public adjuster from the very beginning of the claim.  

Q: How is a Public Adjuster compensated?  

 A: You pay absolutely nothing out of pocket! A Public Adjuster’s compensation is a small percentage of your insurer’s claims payments that are made to you. Usually between 10%-20% of the settlement depending on the size of the loss. The Public Adjuster’s fees are more than covered by the larger settlement he will obtain for you. Remember, if there is no settlement, there is no fee to you at all!  

Q: What steps need I take to hire a Public Adjuster?  

 A:You contact our firm via telephone (732) 905 – 9594 or via our contact page and request a free review of your loss. You will need a copy of your insurance policy on hand. If you do not have it available, you can usually obtain a copy from your insurance agent with a simple phone call.  We examine your damage and we analyze your policy. We will then advise you whether or not it is in your best interest to hire a public adjuster or indeed to even file the claim. This is a free service. If we ascertain that we can help you significantly maximize your settlement, then you retain our services by signing a Letter of Representation allowing us to represent you and we take care of the rest!