Free damage consultation and policy review!

148 Glen Avenue South, Lakewood, NJ 08701, US

(732) 905-9594


fire commercial and residential damage

First steps to take in case of fire damage

Public Adjusters for Fire Losses

Fire losses are often the most traumatizing because of the shock factor. The local news does not predict fires as with hurricanes. They give no warning. Yesterday you were dealing with the day-to-day issues of caring for a home or running a business and today, most if not all of your belongings, stock and equipment are literally up in smoke.

The fire loss you have just suffered can be very draining emotionally and financially. You are going to need the right people on your side. By immediately taking the right steps, you will take control of the situation, and expedite the recovery process.

After a loss caused by fire, you should:

First and foremost: Make sure the premises are safe to enter. If they are unsafe you will need a company to secure the property as soon as possible. You will be reimbursed at a later date for the board-up if coverage is proven to exist. Give us a call and we will help you by putting a reputable company in touch with you immediately. If you prefer, we can take care of this entirely - one less headache on your head.  If the premises are safe, mitigate your loss by separating fire damaged property from undamaged property. It is recommended to contact your public adjuster before handling any damaged property so that he can properly advise you on the correct procedure and protect you from jeopardizing your chances at maximizing your claim. If possible, begin itemizing the unsalvageable damaged property as it might be lost in the chaos or forgotten about. If the damaged property is completely unsalvageable and is going to be thrown out, make sure a representative of the insurance company inspects it before you throw it out, and take a picture of it for your own personal records.  Our personal property specialists will take it from there. 

 Contact a Public Adjuster as soon as possible to advise you on the many different details involved in an insurance claim. 

 Document all activities and conversations in a journal. This includes, but is not limited to, the names and phone numbers of any individuals from the insurance company, moving companies, repair men, or contractors and subcontractors. 

 If you need to move off the premises, make sure you keep all receipts for hotel and restaurant expenses, and any other expenses related to temporarily moving out of your home. Keep these in a manila envelope. You will be reimbursed at a later date if coverage is proven to exist.

What Frank Adjustments - NJ Public Adjusters will do for you: 

 Assist you in filing your claim with your insurance company.

 Review your policy to determine the coverage, limits, exclusions, and other factors that may apply to your particular loss. 

 Document in writing the full extent of your loss. This includes, but is not limited to: 

  1)  Composing a detailed construction estimate backed by engineering and other specialist reports which may be necessary, 

 2)  Creating a detailed personal property estimate based off of supporting documentation, 

 3)  Preparing and submitting business interruption forms (if it is a place of business), and any other documentation which may be necessary to ensure your indemnification.  

 Meet any representatives from the insurance company, and any other representatives and specialists related to your claim, on your behalf. 

 Negotiate with the insurance company representative in order to obtain the most equitable settlement for you and your family. 

 Arrive at a detailed settlement offer that addresses all of your concerns and meets your approval. 

 Expedite a settlement draft from the insurance company to you as quickly as possible so you may begin to replace or repair your property. 

Learn More

  Negotiate with the insurance company representative in order to obtain the most equitable settlement for you and your family.  

Find out more